Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Intro

To take the first step on my blogging journey, I will introduce myself.  My name is Colton and I am a junior in college, majoring in Wildlife Biology.  I've been carrying a bug jar since I could walk.  Lots of little kids will catch roly polies and wooly bear caterpillars or watch ants climb out of their hills; I never grew out of that.  I've known that I wanted to be a bug guy ever since then.  When I got to be a bit older, I learned those were called entomologists, hence, the name of my blog, "Ento the Woods."  My plan now for this blog is to share with you my treks into the wild woods, rolling hills, rushing streams, seemingly barren glades, and the incredible life beneath the surface, which is where I will start.  Tomorrow I will begin a five-day caving trip throughout Southern and Eastern Missouri that is part of a Cave Ecology course I am enrolled in.  I hope you enjoy my posts as I enjoy these trips into the beauty that is the Creator's handiwork and I hope you can share in the joy I receive while I roam about the land.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear all about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep us posted! Gage and I would love to hear about all your travels and all the creatures you discover!!

    ReplyDelete